Friday, August 17, 2007

COOL STUFF!

Searching through the library a week ago, I found this novel by Valerio Massimo Manfredi - "The Last Legion"


"Veniet adulescens a mari infero cum spatha,
pax et prosperitas cum illo.
Aquila et draco iterum volabunt
Britanniae in terra lata."

The last Emperor of Rome, young Romulus Augustus was dethroned, deposed and imprisoned by the barbarians. The Roman Empire lays in ruins... However all was not lost as a band of surviving legionaires from the defeated Nova Invicta Legion (the legendary warriors charged with protecting the last Emperor of Rome) attempts to free the last Caesar & his tutor, Meriduius Ambrosinus, bringing them on a journey of escape through devasted Italy, Europe and on to the end of the worlds.

Novel Ratings: 4/5

Just finished reading the book, I thought it was really cool and worth buying so I thought of going online to search for the book & guess what?! It's coming soon to theaters! (*didn't know about the movie until after reading the novel)

Saw the trailers on Youtube. It was pretty much what I have imagined the scenes would be when I read the book especially their escape journey through the snow-capped mountains. I'm quite disappointed by the casting actually when i saw the trailers. I thought Keira Knightley would be ideal for Livia (the female lead) and Ian McKellen could be my choice for Meriduius Ambrosinus. Brad Pitt or Eric Bana will be nice for the role of Aurelius, having seen them in Troy (2004).

The movie also took the Sword as the focus of the movie instead of how the last Emperor fled to Britain with the help of some legionaires. The Arthurian ending of the book was good. Let's hope it goes the same for the movie.

Definitely going to catch the movie when it hits Singapore on 30 Aug! Anyone interested? Haha...

Posted by Crippled.Fly at Friday, August 17, 2007